Blog School for the Holidays
“I think confidence can be tied to permission. If you feel you have a place somewhere, you are more likely to assert yourself.” —Phoebe Waller-Bridge
This year for the holidays, give someone you love the gift of PERMISSION.
Permission to create, to attempt, to write, to try, to make, to puzzle, learn and grow.
Give the gift of BLOG SCHOOL and receive 15% off with discount code HOLIDAY.
More reasons why BLOG SCHOOL makes a perfect holiday gift for you or someone you love:
- Zero-waste! Plastic-free. The turtles will thank you.
- An ideal course for anyone who’s thirsty for a new creative outlet.
- The course is self-directed , which means the gift’s recipient can work at her own pace and convenience, as her schedule accords.
- There is no better way to head into a new year than with a creative spark
- Enroll by December 10 to receive an enrollment card in the mail, something to stick a bow on and place under the tree.
About the course:
I believe that with the vital ingredients of confidence, courage and curiosity, you can build a blog that takes you places, a blog that’s true to the raw and unpolished roots of blogging, and one that makes your life better.
For many would-be writers, the greatest obstacle to blogging success is perfectionism, shame, and an undervaluing of one’s own voice and ideas—all of which are born from cultural expectations that conspire to keep women small and quiet, struggling to fit our lives and stories into impossibly limited containers that were never designed to hold the reality of our lives.
Who am I?
I’m Kerry Clare, and I provide online courses and consultation to bloggers (aspiring and otherwise), artists, writers, and entrepreneurs who are seeking direction in creating fun and fulfilling blogs that don’t just fit their lives, but even make life richer.
Because blogging is all about blazing a trail and breaking the rules, my job is to help you resist the tiny/tidy boxes and find your own way toward a sustainable blog that not only showcases your business or creative work, but where you can find the confidence to use your voice and explore new ideas while challenging the toxic tone of online discourse with nuance, thoughtfulness and curiosity (i.e. your own small corner of the internet is going to make the world a better place).
From 2011-2015, I taught a blogging course at the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies, and I also teach blogging workshops at literary festivals and training sessions throughout Ontario. And now with this new online program, I’m excited to apply what I’ve learned from nearly twenty years of blogging and from my experience as a blogging instructor to help you create the blog you’ve been dreaming of by empowering you to find and follow your own voice, to pursue your own curious avenues.
This way you don’t get caught up in those small and limited cookie-cutter templates of what a blog should be, or the way a person ought to exist on the internet, and can build an online space instead that is your own unique creation, as original and wonder-full as you are.
Find Your Blogging Spark
149.00/ Explore the course outline
What you need to know:
- Course is online so that you can study at Blog School from wherever you are
- 8 self-directed modules so you can learn at your own pace and convenience. (A general guideline is that you work through one module per week)
- Each module includes a writing exercise to generate ideas for future blog posts
- Each module features a writing assignment so that you will complete the course having 7 new blog posts published
- Modules are structured as blog posts so you can get comfortable engaging with the blog format within the course itself
- Each module comes with optional further reading to inspire you with the work of other bloggers and creative people.
- Check in upon course completion so you can keep building on your momentum
You can build a blog that takes you places, a blog that really fits your life and makes it richer.